Sunday, May 6, 2012

Do I need a video card in order to update my graphic driver?

I'm trying to update my graphic driver, but I was just wondering, am I supposed to have a video card first? And if so, are they built in or do you have to buy them seperately? I only recently bought my laptop, like last week. It's brand is HP.|||you might be able to upgrade the driver for your video on your laptop

but the laptop has the video card built in and is not upgradeable

just maybe the driver|||The graphics drivers are what tell your video card/graphics chip how to operate and communicate with the computer. Yes you can update the drivers provided there are updates for it available. You will want to visit HP’s site and download the appropriate drivers for it.

Generally on something like a laptop, there is no need to update the drivers. Are you having problems with it? If so, what kind of problems? I assume you are having conflicts with a program such as a game not working properly with it. Sometimes its necessary to update the drivers then to ensure this isn’t the problem.|||check your driver version number

then go to the HP web site and check your graphics card driver version number

if they are different then you need to update.

how to check your driver ver:

1.right click on desktop.

2.select properties

3.settings tab

4.advanced

5.adapter tab

6.under adapter type.select properties

7.driver tab



and all your info is all in front of you.

to read up on how to ? try help and support.all you need to know is already on your laptop in help and support

No comments:

Post a Comment