Monday, May 7, 2012

How can you change a video card to pal ?

My Video card is geforce 4200ti with TV out. When I connect my computer to the tv it turns black white on my tv. I want to change the signal type to PAL.... Please help



Thanks in Advance|||I have had the same symptom with the same card - it is not a NTSC/PAL issue. I seem to remember 2 things regarding this problem. One: was using a s-video to component adapter for an ATI card instead of the nVidia one - I had both and used the wrong one. Two: I booted up the machine and then connected it to the TV, while I should have booted it while connected to the TV.

I don't remember which one was the problem, but eventually it worked.

If it really is a PAL related issue, the control panel for the video drivers has a TV tab if I remember correctly where you can change the system to PAL. Some older cards - (especially ATI used this) had a jumper on the video card that switched between PAL and NTSC.

No comments:

Post a Comment