Sunday, May 6, 2012

A way to detect of my video card is physically bad?

I keep getting terrible artifacts during gaming. And believe me I've tried everything. It's not the drivers, nor the settings, nor the anti-aliasing.



I would just like to know if there is a program out there that can detect if my video card is physically defective.



Thank you.|||Yes, it called computer diagnostic software, that can put a computer through strenuous activity and report on any problems that occur on the motherboard and the equipment attached to it. It is not a fast process and in most case the software allows you to choose what you want to run the diagnostic on.



In general most laptops have a video chip and not a card. In most cases these are not designed for intensive playing of video games. A lot of times the cooling of the inside is inadequate for the extreme heat generated from the processor and video chip, so what happens is the circuits experience a temporary break down. Try extra cooling for the laptop may help.|||There isn't a way to tell by just looking at it. You could try it in another computer and see if you experience the same issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment