Monday, May 7, 2012

My video card has S video plug, can I just connect it and go?

My video card has a dvi, vga and s-video plugs on it, I currently have a vga monitor connected.



Can I just plug in the s-video card and plug it into my TV and see what happens? I don't know if I should disconnect the vga first or not.



Any advice is appreciated.|||Some will plug-and-play as you describe. But others need to be configured for TV output. You shouldn't need to disconnect the VGA, but you may need to enable TV out first.



Also remember that the S-Video out will be much lower resolution than your monitor. When using that output you would probably want to go with no more than 800x600.



If your video card can support dual monitors, the best thing would be to put the TV on one and the VGA on the other. This way you can set the resolution optimally for each.

No comments:

Post a Comment