Wednesday, May 9, 2012

How do I change my video card?

Is it straight forward to change my video card? I want to upgrade to Windows Vista. I ran the compatibility programme and it suggested I upgrade my video card. Which would be the best card without spending a fortune? I currently run an ATI Radeon 9200 card in my Packard bell i xtreme desktop. Can anyone help!!??|||You don't mention on wether or not you plan on upgrading anything else. If not, I take it your going to stick with the AGP video card format? What is a fortune for you? I would visit a site like Newegg.com, and search for AGP video cards, and see what is in your price range. They are still making AGP cards, but it won't be for long as PCI-E is taking over. For something that will handle Vista, (and be able to handle a few newer games) you will probably have to spend between 120-150 bucks. I'd suggest something with at least 256 megs of memory



Swapping out video cards is quite simple. Pop off side cover to your pc, unscrew hold in tab, pull out card and repeat. Newer cards may require an available power plug in as well. (from PSU)|||The best value card out there is Nvidia GeForce 512mb

nVIDIA Geforce 6600 PCI-E 512 MB DDR2 Video Card V56



I have that one and for the money its real good. You can play battlefield 2, fear, you name it. Make sure you find out first before getting a card if your card is:

pci or pci express or agp Then get one of those 3 cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment