Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Can I replace my very low end laptop video card?

THe Video Card is a ATI Radeon X1200 onboad video card, and from what I've read it is very bad for gaming. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop.|||No in a laptop there is simply nothing you can do short of overclocking the GPU and I don't advise it because on boards don't always have a heatsink attached. The trick to surviving with on board video is simple, find out what its good at, usually integrated cards are great for emulation because often emulation depends more on your CPU rather then your GPU. Try tweaking the games you have a little, you would be surprised little it sometimes takes to make a game run well and still look pretty good.|||Typically video cards on laptops are not upgradable.|||You have to check and see if their are relpacment video cards for that particular laptop.|||No, sorry there is no way to replace a laptop video card. Last I heard ATI was working on an external video card but it's been about 18 months since that story was released and I still don't see anything on ATI's website about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment