Sunday, May 6, 2012

Can I upgrade my video card on my laptop?

I have an Asus U80A that I got back in September, 2009. It has a Mobile Intel Express Chipset Family, which is integrated memory; but I was wondering if I can add a video card to my laptop.|||It's not very practical and nearly impossible in most cases. Most base model laptops come with graphics cards integrated with the motherboard, so you'd have to replace both if this was your case. Some more expensive mid and high range laptops have graphics cards separate from the motherboard but the two are soldered together making removal difficult but possible. Also, it tends to be difficult to find consumer graphics cards for laptops. I'm assuming that by integrated memory, you mean the graphics card is integrated with the motherboard? If so, you cannot remove the graphics card without removing the motherboard.|||Very few laptops have a video card. Most have on-board video (integrated video) that is part of the mother board...not changeable unless you change the whole motherboard itself...not feasible.|||not really, since its an ultra thin you would need to have a professional install it, and since it does have an extra slot for it, but it does have an empty hard drive bay ( asus has two bays on this model) i suppose you could put a really small one in this bay but....thats a really big stretch.



just superclock or overclock your intel card and add some ram to your laptop but most intel models just rob processing power for the cpu and ram for the normal ram so you cant do that on most models|||no it is part of the motherboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment