Sunday, May 6, 2012

If I buy an HP or Dell laptop now can I add a video card to it later?

I'm looking at building a new laptop for myself from Dell or HP. What I need to know is that if I opt not to take the video card now, will I be able to add it in later? I'm a desktop person and have installed countless upgrades to my desktops, but I have never owned a laptop and know nothing about them.



So should I get it installed now, even though I'm not sure I'm going to need it? Or is it a do it yourself upgrade for later?|||no,, you can't change the graphics card or video card. its soitered into the motherboard, if you have a desktop, you can probably change it, but not with a laptop. buy the best right now, spend a few extra bucks, otherwise you'll regret it later.|||no . the graphic card is built onto the board you can't change or upgrade it but you could order a laptop with the highest spec's from dell i believe.|||you cannot get a new video card for it. if it was a desktop, you might be able to but what you get in a laptop is what you stick with. the ram and the hard drive is pretty much all you can upgrade in a laptop|||No you can't with-out very hi cost's, and yes get the best now or you will not be happy|||The video card is part of the motherboard. You can not change it later in a laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment