Sunday, May 6, 2012

Is it possible to set up dual monitors with a VGA port on my video card and the VGA port on my motherboard?

I got a problem here. When the video card is not plugged in, the VGA port on my motherboard works perfectly fine. But when when the video card is installed on my computer the VGA port on my motherboard will not work. So how do i set up 2 monitors with this problem. Thanks guys|||It all depends on the motherboard. Unfortunately a lot of motherboards disable the onboard graphics when a card is plugged into the graphics card slot.



Can windows see the onboard graphics at all when the plug in card is in? if so then you should be able to enable them, if not then i'm afraid it has little chance of working.



The easiest soloution is probablly to replace your graphics card with one that supports two monitors. Using a second plug in card may also work but there can be compatibility issues.|||You can't use 2 separate video cards. The only way to set up multiple monitor is to connect them to one video card.

No comments:

Post a Comment