Monday, April 23, 2012

If my properties shows 1 cpu, do I simply need a dual video card to run dual monitors?

Wanting two monitors and when I go to 'display' and 'settings' it only shows one monitor, and from what I've read I need two in order to run duals. Do I just need to get a dual video card? Is that ALL I need? What about memory, if I'm only using it for general surfing or watching an occasional tv show? Thanks in advance!|||Laptops have this built in already do do it on a desktop you will need a second video card|||you will need a video card with dual outputs|||You just need a video card that has dual ports, or you could get 2 separate video cards.|||Yes, you can run two monitors with two video cards.

No, you dont need anything else.

The number of cpus really have nothing to do with this.



(P.S. A lot of video cards have TWO video out ports. Then, the one video card will run both monitors.)



Good luck!

James

No comments:

Post a Comment