Monday, April 23, 2012

What would be the best video card for a Dell Dimension C521? Is it better than the ATI Radeon X1300 Pro?

I have a Dell Dimension C521 and I'm currently using a ATI Radeon X1300 Pro it is a PCI-E x16 slot. I was wondering if i could upgrade to another video card better than the one i have now? Since my Dell model is slimmer than others like the E521, I'm not sure i can upgrade. If anybody has any suggestions or info that may help i would appreciate it. Thank You!|||It seems, the only thing that differentiates C521 from the others is that it's based on the standard low profile case (I think so - you will have to check it. Judging by the image I found I'm correct but it'll never hurt to make sure) It's very unlikely that Dell would go through the trouble of creating a new videocard specifically for a slim case.

Anyway, to upgrade, you will need another low profile videocard. I might be wrong but I think the top card for any low profile system is 8600gt.



http://www.gfe.com.hk/Product_Details.as…



If this not it, you're stuck with either HD2400 or 8400gs - there are a few manufacturers of either of these cards, neither of which will give you much of a performance increase over your x1300.



The only suggestion I can give you is replace the case of your computer with the standard mid tower. Somehow I think you will dislike the idea but it's the only idea that will allow you to widen the horizon of your options regarding not only your video but other components as well. But then again - it all depends on how much you need that and how much you like that slim case.



To the wise guy below - yes, the slimness does matter, since non-slim video card will not allow the case to close, and low profile card also has shorter mounting bracket - any other video card cannot be mounted to the case, since it'll stick way out.|||the slimness doesn't matter as the expansion card cage is mounted sideways - just make sure it is pci-e 16 compatible.

No comments:

Post a Comment