Thursday, April 26, 2012

No Heatsink on my integrated video card?

I've been using my PC without the heatsink for the integrated video card for awhile now. Everythings fine.



The video card is the sis760. Was wondering if I do need to put this back on. I still have the heat sink.



The thing thats been drawing me back is the fact that I'd have to solder and I am not good at that and dont want to risk destroying my motherboard.



What would happen if I continue to leave it alone with no heat sink?|||although it's onboard and they tend not to produce much heat, it was designed with the heatsink for a reason .. even the slightest influx in temperature inside your machine can reek havoc on your system .. the heatsink is there to dissipate what heat the card does create and keep the inside of your box running at optimal temps .. you CAN use it without the heatsink, it may not cause problems as long as the cooling is adequate inside but I highly recommend reattaching it .. it was put there for a reason afterall .. and if it does fry the card, you're looking at 100$ easy to replace it with an expansion card .. just do yourself a favor and put it back on before problems to pop up ;]|||Yea. IGP donts need heat sinks, they are very bad, so they dont produce much heat|||Why did you take it off in the first place? You should put it back on so it doesn't overheat and kill itself (and possibly the motherboard too).|||well honestly even though the PC may look ugly but never take a risk like this because it can burn other componets like the motherboard and then you won't be able to use that video card anymore.|||i have the sis760 too and i've touched the chip without the heatsink after running farcry and it was barely warm so i wouldn't worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment