Monday, April 23, 2012

Is it possible to upgrade the video card in my Dell XPS 1530 laptop? If so where can I buy new ones at?

I ordered my laptop almost a year ago, the video card it came with is an Nvidia 8600GT. Is it possible to upgrade the video card in my laptop? If so where can i buy new ones at?|||I also have the XPS m1530. I contacted Dell Customer support about this, and they said it wasn't possible because the video card is soldered to the motherboard.



The 8600GT isn't too bad, but I imagine that after a few years, a non-upgradable video card will make the laptop useless.|||No, you can't change the display adapter in a laptop, it is integrated in the motherboard|||MOST laptops have video cards built into a motherboard and upgrading is not possible. There are only several models of laptops with actual video cards and those can be upgraded. I don't know if your laptop is one of them (I think it's not, but call Dell and ask.) Again, it's very rare to have a laptop with actual video card, but they do make several models like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment