Friday, May 4, 2012

Is a new video card all I need to make the graphics on my computer better?

I really want to be able to play Command and Conquer 3 on my computer. I have about 768MB of RAM and an 80GB hard drive.

The game only requires having 64MB of Video card storage and right now I don't think I have a video card. (it's a basic comp. that I kind of souped up a little) Once I buy a video card the only thing I worry about is the processor is not fast enough. I have a Celeron D which I'm pretty sure sucks but can it get up to 2.0GHz like the game requires?



Two part question 10 points if you can answer it.|||If your current video is on the motherboard then a card can't hurt. Say one with half a gig of memory. Right now the video circuits on the motherboard are sharing part of the main memory. It is the configuration I have but I don't play any of the games that interest you.



Keep in mind the following: A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. You can have a SUPERDUPERPOOPERSCOOPER video card and the wrong drivers and you are in the same boat as right now. The same is true of a monitor or anything else the game depends on. Get a friend who is really into the gaming scene and let him look at the system and ask for suggestions.



That's the best advice I can offer.|||I know this is a stupid answer - upgrade you PC if you really want to enjoy the game.



For gamer it absolutely necessary to spend as much as you could on the video card. I've just upgraded my video card geforce 8800 gts. I now play at the best video quality. It's awesome! (I wasn't able to play the game cnc3 with on-board 200+ MB system memory allocated. It crashed on me.)



Another point: No one would want to play with you in multi-player game if you machine is slow and drag down the speed of other machines.



Here's a link on how to shop for video card:

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphics/

No comments:

Post a Comment