Friday, May 4, 2012

Is it possible to upgrade my chipset model (video card) on my mac?

I have a Chipset model of GMA 950 and I want to run this game (sims 3 )

but the V-Card requirements are... VIDEO CARD



ATI X1600 or Nvidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of video RAM or Intel Integrated GMA X3100



Well that.



Any ideas?|||IF you are on a desktop, then your motherboard has a PCIe slot. You can buy a graphics card and install it in your system fair easily. And I don't think drivers are an issue anymore since the move by Valve to put Steam on Mac like 2 years ago.



If all you want to do is play Sims, I say get a current generation card between $50 and $75 should give you more than enough power to handle Sims without breaking the bank.



An Nvidia GT 220 or ATI HD 5570 are roughly 5 times more power than the minimum you need. Should run on all high settings fairly easy.|||That's an integrated video card, so am afraid you can't. The only way you can play the Sims 3, is by buying a new computer :/

No comments:

Post a Comment