Friday, May 4, 2012

Can I install video card to old computer?

My Gateway Computer motherboard broke

I've had this for 2 years.And I want to take the video card and move it to a old computer I have its 2003 Compaq.

So Is it possible?will it play my game?|||If the computer was made in 2003 then it should. You just need to check the card type, it would either be pci, pci-e, or agp. Almost all computers have pci slots so you good there. Agp is an older slot made for graphics cards. So there is a chance you would have that, it would be a little bit longer then a pci slot usually the slot is black. If the video card is pci-e then probably not. Pci-e has only been used for the last couple years and your compaq wouldn't have it. If you are still out of luck, you can pick up a pci video card for cheap now days.|||see if it has the same type of port that you plug it into, like pci, or agp. if not then no you can't

No comments:

Post a Comment