Friday, May 4, 2012

Do I really need HDMI video card if I bought HDMI monitor for my PC?

I am currently using DVI output video card NVIDIA G Force GTX 9800+ 512MB. My old monitor dies few days ago and bought a HD monitor to replace it. Do I need to buy a HDMI enabled video card to fully utilize the monitor capabilities or I am good with what I have now? Is it really necessary to buy a new video card?|||If your monitor has a dvi output, then you are good to go, dvi can display the same amount as hdmi. Just hdmi can carry sound and can display 10 bit. Dvi can't carry sound and can display 8 bit. if you have a computer you usually have seperate speakers. So no difference all good. LOL some idiot is giving a couple of us thumbs down when we are right.|||To answer your question,

DVI and HDMI are practically the same when you talk about the visual quality because they both use the same encoding schemes. The only Difference is that HDMI also carries audio and not just video like DVI. In your case buying a new Video card for your computer is not nessesary unless the monitor you purchased has built in speakers.|||you are good, DVI and HDMI are the same thing only different plug and HDMI can also pass audio. You can buy a DVI to HDMI adapter for your computer|||Nope. To keep it simple, HDMI passes both digital display and audio signals. DVI passes only digital display signals. DVI/HDMI are both the exact same quality display.|||No, but you're wasting quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment